1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, stirred or sifted before measuring
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg – slightly beaten
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons melted butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg and buttermilk. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until smooth.
3. Blend in melted butter and sugar.
4. Cook on a pre-heated, greased griddle, using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Drop batter on griddle in
5 inch wide segments.
5. Cook until brown on one side and around edge; turn and brown the other side.
You can add fruit topping such as apples, strawberry
or peaches to finish off this breakfast treat. You can also add
chopped fruit such as blueberries or apples to the batter.
For whole wheat pancakes: substitute all purpose flour for whole wheat flour.