Chia Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
These taste a bit like shortbread cookies. You might want to consider making a double batch because they don’t last long! It contains antioxidants and phytonutrients found in the maple tree!)
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup organic extra-virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s)
8 pitted dates
1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons water
11/4 cups white whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. To a Blender, add the oats, nuts, extra virgin coconut oil, dates, ginger root, syrup, and water, and process until smooth and creamy. (Note: You will need to start and stop the blender several times.) Set the wet ingredients aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and chia seeds. Add the wet ingredients in with the dry, and mix well.
4. For each cookie, roll 2 tablespoons of the batter into a ball, and place on a large baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to flatten.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool. (Note: The cookies will be rather soft at first but will harden when cooled.)