Blueberry Flourless Pancakes
Kid-tested and mom approved, these blueberry flourless pancakes look every bit as good as they taste and they are super healthy to boot!
• 1 ripe banana, cut into chunks
• 2 organic, pastured eggs (I like Vital Farms brand)
• ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
• 2 tablespoons raw, unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1/8 teaspoon pure lemon extract
• Pinch of unrefined sea salt
• Organic extra virgin coconut oil, such as Barlean’s (for cooking)
• ¾ cup fresh blueberries
1. In a high speed blender add the banana, eggs, oats, wheat germ, coconut, lemon extract and pinch of salt; process until smooth and creamy.
2. Lightly oil the bottom of a large skillet with coconut oil and heat over medium. Pour ¼ cup batter onto the hot oiled skillet. Gently press the blueberries into the raw batter one a time, taking care to evenly distribute them. Cook pancake for about 2-3 minutes and then flip carefully and cook on the other side until lightly browned. Repeat with the remaining batter, lightly oiling the skillet each time. Serve warm