Benihana Japanese Fried Rice
2 1/2 cups of cooked short grain Japanese white rice
2 eggs – beaten
1 medium carrot – finely grated
1/2 cup fresh green onion – diced small
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 cup peas – unfrozen
salt and pepper
1. Boil rice according to package instructions. Once done, empty into mixing bowl.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil. Scramble eggs into small pieces until cooked. Empty scrambled egg
into bowl and stir together.
3. Using the same pan, add additional oil, diced onion, peas, carrot. Let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Add several scoops of cooled rice and egg mix to skillet. Keep gradually adding a scoup at a time into the pan
6. While mixing, slowly add a little soy sauce at a time until fried rice is a golden brown color.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.