Banana Muffin And Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Great for breakfast and brunch, a great filling way to start the day.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
Serves: Makes 12
125 g plain flour
75 g wholemeal flour
200 g rolled oats
75 g light soft brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
250 ml milk
2 large eggs, separated
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tbsp cold coffee
2 bananas, mashed, plus 1 banana cut into 12 slices
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6. Line a muffin or cupcake tray with 12 paper cases.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flours, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Measure the milk in a large measuring jug and whisk in the egg yolks, oil, coffee, and mashed bananas. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the contents of the jug. Using a spatula, mix together until just combined.
3. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold through the egg whites, then divide the mixture amongst the paper cases.
4. Push a slice of banana into the centre of each muffin and sprinkle with oats. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes until golden on top.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.