Applebee’s Low-Fat Blackened Chicken Salad
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon apple vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 cup water
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Cajun Spice Blend
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
8 cups chopped red leaf lettuce
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 large tomato, diced
1 hardboiled egg white, diced
1. Mix dressing ingredients in small bowl and refrigerate until ready.
2. Mix marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade, cover and refrigerate
overnight or at least several hours.
3. Preheat oven broiler or grill.
4. Mix Cajun spice blend ingredients in a bowl. Rub the spice into both sides of the chicken breasts until covered
5. Melt the butter in pan over medium heat. Sear chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes and flip it over so
that both sides are coated with a charred black layer of spice.
6. Place chicken in broiler or on grill for an additional 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
7. Mix ingredients for salad in a large bowl. Serve into two individual bowls.
8. Slice chicken into ½ inch wide slices and add to salad.
9. Serve with salad dressing on the side.