Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken
Grilled boneless breast marinated in lime juice and tequila flavors. Typically served with crisp tortilla strips,
Southwest rice and Pico de Gallo.
1 cup water
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 teaspoon tequila
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 lb. boned, skinned chicken breasts
1/4 cup real mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons spicy, chunky salsa
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon Cajun blackening spice
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
2 cups corn chips – crumbled
1. Whisk together the first 8 ingredients, coat chicken in mixture, and marinade for at least 2 hours.
2. To prepare the dressing: whisk together the next 9 ingredients, cover, and chill until needed.
3. Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Discard marinade.
4. Brush grilled chicken with reserved dressing, sprinkle with cheese, and broil until cheese has melted.
5. Serve the chicken over a bed of crumbled chips.